Five Ways To Get Rid Of Dry Skin.
Christmas is around the corner. Although winter brings with it that special holiday feels, it also comes with many issues and one of the major problems is dry skin. While you snuggle up in your warm cosy blanket and enjoy your winter essential, hot chocolate your skin needs extra care and nourishment during winters. But before you go a little extra and spend money to buy all the stuff you see online which claims to help you get rid of dry skin, try these simple methods and see the difference.
• Say no to hot water shower- winter and hot water shower walk hand in hand but if you want your skin to not dry up, ditch hot water. Instead chose warm water. Hot water draws out the moisture from your skin. Keep the temperature as low as possible.
• Minimize your bathing time- the longer your skin is exposed to water, the higher moisture is sucked up from your skin. Try to finish up your shower time within 10 minutes. You can even skip bathing on some days as well. Avoid taking the showers several times throughout the day.
• Liver detox- an unhealthy liver can be the cause for several skin problems like itchiness and dryness. Its better give your liver a break at times by avoiding junks and other unhealthy meals. Drink plenty of water, load up on fruits and vegetables. Consult your doctor if you have any issues.
• Exfoliate- people with dry skin often hesitate to use an exfoliate or a scrub thinking it can further dry up their skin but you should not skip this step. Exfoliating removes dead skin cells thus making your skin smoother and shinier. You can opt for an oatmeal scrub. If you have sensitive skin you can limit this process to once a week.
• Face mask- homemade masks are one of the best treatments for dry skin. Mash half banana and add in one teaspoon of honey. Apply it on your face and neck, leave it for 10-15 minutes and rinse with lukewarm water. Banana and honey rejuvenates your skin and deeply mositurises it. You can even try applying the aloe vera gel. It not only moisturizes the skin but also soothes the itchiness and irritation.
If you are someone like me who deals with dry skin not just in winter but throughout the year, one small tip for you, never skip the moisturizing part. Right after the showers, apply the lotion or cream or you can even use coconut oil for a lasting effect.