Unknown Benefits of Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera has been a star ingredient in most of the cosmetic products lately. From face washes to moisturisers to hair oils to a few makeup products and even toothpaste have aloe vera. Although the plant became famous over a decade ago, the uses and benefits were known since ages. To get the most of it, you can scoop out the gel from the leaves and apply or you can save the time and buy an organic gel from the market.
1. Healing properties- aloe vera is packed with medicinal properties. It has been used to treat sores and burns especially sunburns. It’s even used to treat first and second-degree burns. It accelerates the healing process and the cooling properties soothe the burning sensation. Can be used for several minor wounds like insect bites, and scratches from falling. Split the leaf frem middle, scoop out the gel and apply directly onto the affected area.
2. Best skincare product- aloe vera is best known to cure all sort of skin problems like acne, dry skin, rashes, wrinkles and fine lines. It deeply hydrates your skin giving it a natural glow. Using aloe vera gel can help you get rid of dark spots and tan. And not just these, it can also help reduce some severe skin conditions like psoriasis and dermatitis. The plant is rich in antioxidants and vitamins protects your skin from damages thus keeping ageing at bay. Rub the gel directly from the leave or you can use aloe vera products
3. Haircare- if you are dealing with dry itchy scalp and dandruff or flaking scalp, aloe vera is the best medication to treat these. The fatty acids present in aloe gives it the anti-inflammatory properties which help cure the inflammation and irritation caused due to dandruff. It nourishes your hair strands and makes the root stronger thus reducing hair fall and giving the lustrous look to your hair. Promotes hair growth and repairs damaged hair. Apply the gel onto the hair. From root to the tip. Let it sit for around 20-30 minutes and rinse with a mild shampoo. Repeat this twice or thrice a week.
4. Oral healthcare- several studies and researches have shown that aloe vera is quite effective than many other chemical-based mouthwashes. The plant is rich in vitamin C which helps prevent plaque. It can also be used to treat swollen or bleeding gums. It has been seen that people who use toothpaste enriched with aloe vera have better oral hygiene than the ones using normal toothpaste.
5. Digestive care- aloe vera is an edible plant. The gel when consumed raw can cure many digestive disorders such as gastroesophageal reflux disease which might sometimes lead to heartburn. Being high in water content, aloe can soothe stomach ailments and can even inhibit the growth of bad bacteria found in the digestive tract which might cause ulcers. It can even help you with your bowel issues as well. Take a fresh leave of aloe vera plant, scoop out the gel. You can eat the gel raw or blend it in a mixer with water or fresh fruit juice of your preference.